- Best Telescoping Ladder Reviews ( Updated List )
- What Makes a Good Telescopic Ladder
- Straight Ladder vs. Telescopic
- Best Telescoping Ladder Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
You just got to love living in the twenty-first century! There are so many inventions and devices that make everything so much easier! Just like a ladder that you can fold down to a compact size and move around with no problem. Yes, such a smart device exists, and it is called a telescoping ladder.
Well, as you are reading this, you probably already know all this stuff. However, what you do not understand is how to find the best telescoping ladder, and we are here to assist you to do just that! You can leave the hard transport, store and all other impractical aspects of ladders in the past. With this product, you can work quickly and effectively.
Still, when it comes to products like this one, choosing the right unit is essential. Your life can depend on it…like literally! Don’t worry, though, we got you covered! Just read our telescoping ladder reviews followed by some useful information and tips.
Xtend & Climb 785P Ladder
|View On Amazon|
OxGord Telescopic Extension Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Ohuhu Telescopic Extension Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Xtend & Climb 770P telescoping-ladders
|View On Amazon|
Wolfwise EN131 Telescoping Ladder
|View On Amazon|
LUISLADDERS Telescopic Extension Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Good Life USA Telescoping Ladder
|View On Amazon|
Best Telescoping Ladder Reviews ( Updated List )
Where there are ladders, there are also certain standards that need to be confirmed. Safety should be your number one preference, and that means that you need to look for the most reliable unit. We did all the research instead of you and down below you can see the top products available on the market. They are not organized in any particular system, and one of them is just waiting for you to pick it!
1. Xtend & Climb 785P Ladder
This ladder model by Xtend & Climb can be used by both professionals and by home DIY people, who love doing projects on their own. Traditional extension ladders are bulky, while this one is compact and lightweight – around 36 pounds. The construction is really durable, and it has an ergonomic design. For safe operation, you have locking tabs.
Thanks to its lock by the foot you can adjust the height of the ladder the way you need it. The ladder is made in such an easy and safe way to use as well. All you have to do is carry it where you need it, open it up, rung by rung. To know when the levels are locked in place, you have a red/green tab indicator. Of course, you also want to make sure the ladder stays in place and doesn’t move, and for that, you have non-slip end caps that will hold it in place.
- You have a secure no-pinch closure system that expand and shuts by the foot.
- There are different sizes you can choose from
- Included carrying handle for more comfortable transportation
- Heavy-duty closure strap
- The ladder is quite narrow.
- Stickers indicating locked or unlocked come off quickly.
2. OxGord Telescopic Extension Ladder
When using a ladder, it is essential to know its limits so bear these numbers in mind. The OxGord Telescopic ladder can extend to 12.5ft, weighs 14 pounds, can hold up to 330 pounds, and you can use it at a 75 degrees angle. It is perfect for both home, office or cargo, as well as working on tall buildings or accessing rooftops. Just be aware that it is not designed for commercial or construction use.
You shouldn’t worry about falling from this ladder, thanks to its non-slip foot grips feature. The item is also certified by the European Safety Standard EN131, CE, and SGS. You can be calm that it’s safe and secure to use regardless of the purpose. It also has really durable aluminum construction. You might not need to buy another ladder in your lifetime, you can maybe even pass it to your son!
- Safe ladder thanks to two steel locking pins on each step.
- Included carrying bag for more comfortable transportation.
- It doesn’t have a feature that will keep the construction stable so it can wobble a little as you climb on it.
- The locking and unlocking can be hard to do, and you can pinch your fingers.
3. Ohuhu Telescopic Extension Ladder
People always try to better their everyday lives and do things more efficiently. That’s why people prefer extension ladders. This Ohuhu model is made out of unusual materials, making the construction durable. At the same time, it is still lightweight and easy to transport. The ladder supports up to 330 lbs on it. You can use it for painting your walls, changing a light bulb, cleaning your windows, repairing the roof and more.
It is so easy to use this, adjust the height to where you need it. Then lock the pins, which will hold it firmly in place. When you are done for the day, just press the two thumb buttons, and it will retract smoothly.
Keep in mind that the quick retraction button can only be used when you have fully extended the ladder. Also when you want to lift it, you have to use the side grip handle. Always make sure you don’t leave your fingers between the rungs when you are retracting, or you can hurt them.
- Made out of high-quality aluminum alloy
- Extra weight steps and non-slip end caps to hold it in place.
- Compliant with EN131 and SGS European safety standards
- Because it’s lightweight, it can be a little flimsy when you are on top of the full extension.
4. Xtend & Climb 770P Telescoping-Ladders
You need to work at the height of 32 into 12-1/2 ft, well this ladder can do it. Because of how small it gets, you can easily store it in a small area, so don’t worry if your garage is already packed! The construction is made out of airplane grade aluminum alloy, this makes it rigid and strong. Its load capacity is 225lb.
Overall it’s a lightweight alternative to traditional huge extension systems. It is ideal for people who love to do their projects by themselves. It is so easy to use, just open it and extend rung by rung to the height you need and up you go. The ladder also has indicators that will let you know when each thread is locked in place, this is another safety measure that will let you know when it is safe to climb.
Of course, there are some other safety features such as non-slip end caps. A telescoping ladder also has an advantage compared to a traditional extension ladder when it comes to hard-to-reach areas because you can maneuver easily.
- No more pinching the fingers, thanks to the closure system.
- Can be locked by the foot when extended
- Included heavy-duty closure strap on the carrying handle
- The lock clips can quickly wear off.
5. Wolfwise EN131 Telescoping Ladder
There are two heights and colors you can choose from. One is 10.5ft, and the other one is 2 ft higher, coming in black and red. It is lightweight even though it’s resistant to corrosion and made out of good quality aluminum alloy. It can hold up to 330 lb. This design is suitable for a variety of projects such as changing a light bulb, cleaning windows, painting walls or just decorating as well as more.
Don’t worry if you don’t have much space. The compact size of the unit is 34 x 19 x 3.5 inches, and it easily is stored in limited areas such as a car trunk, under the bed or a really full garage. The ladder has a total of 12 steps, each one has an own locking bottom on rungs 2 to 11. This makes it fully adjustable of its height, depending on what you are going to use it for.
- The structure is made out of corrosion-resistant quality aluminum alloy.
- A few features, such as opening and closing each section, which ensures safety.
- The ladder retracts to a quarter of its height, making it compactable.
- Even if used rarely some rungs start to move less freely, with grit going into the tubes.
6. LUISLADDERS Telescopic Extension Ladder
This Luisladders Telescopic ladder has been made to last long. The construction is durably constructed out of good quality materials, and it is rust and corrosion-proof. To avoid pinching, the design has double couplings on every step which place your hands in the right position. There are also bottom caps on the feet to prevent tipping over.
The ladder is lightweight, but also compact. There’s a heavy-duty securing strap that can ensure it tightly. Meanwhile, with the grip handle, you can transport it anywhere with just one hand. The ladder is suitable for interior maintenance, decorating, washing windows, painting as well as exteriors projects such as these and more.
The ladder itself can go as high as 12.5 ft. It has 12 steps with a 30cm interval between each one. It also weighs 25lbs. If you aren’t sure about anything, you can always take a look at the user’s manual that comes with the item.
- Has slip-resistant rungs and immune to corrosion and rust structure.
- Great for both indoor and outdoor projects.
- 4-way combination ladder system for better safety.
- It doesn’t come with a bag to carry or store it with.
- If you get water on it, the system won’t work as freely.
7. Good Life USA Telescoping Ladder
The physical attributes of the Good Life Telescoping ladder are actually quite impressive. It has a total of 12 steps, and it can support up to 330lbs. The ladder itself weighs 23.8lbs, while the space between each rug is about 29cm. When it’s folded it takes about 37’’ x 21’’ x 5’’, at the same time when you extend it it’s about 12.5’21’’ x 5’’.
Don’t judge the ladder just based on its lightweight and portable size, you can use it both for interior and exterior projects. You need only one person to carry it around and repair the roof or change a light bulb with it. In the meantime when you fold it, the ladder can easily be placed under your bed, in your car’s trunk or somewhere else.
- Made out of rugged 6061 aluminum alloy.
- Features a no-pinch closing system, nonslip end caps and a carry handle for more comfortable transportation.
- Even for a telescoping ladder, it can be seen as heavy.
- The locking system is prone to wear off.
What Makes a Good Telescopic Ladder
Are you tired of using a bulky, heavy ladder and having to carry it between workspaces? You can make your time a bit easier and get a telescopic extension ladder. In fact, this type of ladder has become an essential part of people’s lives and everyday routine.
Whether you use it around the house to decorate for Christmas, to change a lightbulb or clean your windows occasionally, to commercial use such as a spray painting, professional set up security alarms, TV aerial receivers or repairing your roof. If you are painting your walls, always make sure you have the best latex paint sprayer together with your ladder, because they will produce favorable results.
Because we use it for so many things, even though we touched only a few, we need to find the right ladder. Let’s dive into some information we have selected for you so we can make an informed decision in the end, one that will suit your needs. And if you find this helpful, take a look at our other paint sprayer buying guides just like this one. Enjoy the read!
- Storage – This is an undeniable advantage that the telescopic ladder has. They can be packed so tightly that they allow you to store them even under your bed. This is because some of them can retract to a third of their full extended sizes. An additional benefit to having them close by and inside the house is that they aren’t exposed to the outside weather. This will prolong their lifespan as well, but it will wear them down less, making them safer when it comes to corrosion or rusting, potential haphazard.
- Portable – This is again connected to the folded size of this type of ladder, making them really easy to carry around. Usually, if you have a traditional ladder you know you always have to think where you are going through when you are moving it, but here you don’t have to think about this. Their weight is really light as well because usually, the manufacturers make them out of aluminum.
- Adjustable – Firstly, you can choose different heights of telescopic ladders, but you can also adjust the height of each one depending on the job you need to do. Compared to traditional ones, you don’t need to extend the ladder to its full height every time, adapt it to what you need at the moment! Usually to do something like this people will buy both a step ladder and an extension one just for one task, but now you only need to purchase one – telescopic.
- Safety – Being made from aluminum manufacturers are also able to think of features that will make the ladder more secure. The cost is less than usual even with the additional features, which for us sounds like a win! Just make sure you take care of the maintenance of your telescopic ladder.
- Support – Telescoping ladders always need to be supported against some kind of surface, they aren’t self-supporting. If there isn’t a wall or something else to lean on, you can’t use it. An example of this is if you need to do something on a tree in your garden, it wouldn’t be safe to do it with this type of ladder.
- Material – Most of these types of ladders are available in aluminum. The reason why this is a disadvantage is that this makes them inappropriate for electrical work. If that’s what you need to do, look somewhere else.
- Safety – Using a telescoping ladder can be a bit trickier and could lead to injury if you don’t know how to handle it. It is always good to know how to use telescopic ladders correctly! Let’s take a look at why it can be dangerous?
- If you place the base too close to the surface you use, it could tip backward once you climb on it.
- If you forget or don’t make sure all the steps on the ladder are correctly locked, the rugs can fold up under you.
- If you don’t follow the given instructions when retracting the system, you can hurt your fingers, and it will hurt!
Straight Ladder vs. Telescopic
So you looked at the advantages and disadvantages, but you might still be thinking: Is a telescopic ladder right for me? It is good to strive and have the best appliances when doing work. The same goes for having the finest paint sprayer for furniture if you are someone who prefers doing things on their own. But that’s a talk for another time, now let’s compare this ladder to something people are more used to.
Overall telescoping ladders are a pretty new addition to our variety of options we have. It is a new innovation, that’s why it lacks a range in terms of materials it can make of. However, it started gaining popularity as more people became interested in its technology and its benefits, compared to the traditional media.
Unlike a straight ladder, the telescopic system is a complete redesign of the view of ladders. Instead of having one whole section, you have multiple parts that can collapse in one other, create different heights and fold into a small, compact size, which makes it easy to transport.
- Height – If we compare the two, the winner in this category is the telescopic ladder, just because it can access hard to reach spots.
- Storage – Thanks to its collapsible features, which is something straight ladder lacks, once again the telescoping outshines the other one. It is just an excellent package of flexibility and a small footprint.
- Durability – Now when it comes to this, to maintain a long lifespan with a telescopic design, you will probably need accessories to keep it in shape and fix some things from time to time. However, the clear winner is the straight ladder, because it just doesn’t need any of that.
- Comfort – Another point goes to the telescoping ladder, once again because of its adaptability and adjustment. At the same time, it allows for only one person to work; meanwhile, a straight ladder can need two people, because it can be tiring moving it around.
Best Telescoping Ladder Comparison Chart
|Xtend & Climb 785P Ladder||$$$$$||37.5 x 21.5 x 6″||36 pounds||19.5 feet||250 Pounds|
|OxGord Telescopic Extension Ladder||$||41 x 20 x 4″||24.1 pounds||up to 12.5 Feet||250 lbs|
|Ohuhu Telescopic Extension Ladder||$$$||38.4 x 21.1 x 4.3″||25.4 pounds||12.5 ft||330 Pound|
|Xtend & Climb 770P Telescoping-Ladders||$$$$||5 x 20 x 150″||27 pounds||32 inch||225 pounds|
|Wolfwise EN131 Telescoping Ladder||$$$||35 x 4 x 20″||25.6 pounds||12.5 feet||330 lbs|
|LUISLADDERS Telescopic Extension Ladder||$$||35.6 x 30.6 x 5.3″||28.6 pounds||12.5 feet||330 lbs|
|Good Life USA Telescoping Ladder||$$||37 x 21 x 5″||23.5 pounds||12.5 feet||330 lbs|
Finding the best telescoping ladder is essential not only to your work but to your own safety as well. There are many factors that you need to keep in mind when looking for a reliable unit and we hope that you find our buying guide and telescoping ladder reviews helpful.
The thoughts of our readers are essential to us, so if there is anything you would like to share with us, don’t wait to send us an email or leave a comment in the comment section. Another thing that you should not ignore is to share our piece with others, of course, if you think that this buying guide was useful and exciting.
We have many other articles devoted to finding the right product for your needs, so if you have some free time and you are interested, go check them out as well. Thanks for reading, and as always- stay put!