Did you know that the first-hand sprayer was invented about a decade ago and used cold water to spray paint? Luckily, we are far away from these days when this new method of spraying was slow, the machines were bulky and therefore not appropriate to be used in small places. Now, we can not only choose such a device for our outdoor projects but also go for the best paint sprayer for furniture as well.
Our team knows how important it is to make the right investment in a quality product that fits your needs. So this is the reason why we have prepared for you some top paint sprayer for furniture reviews and moreover, gathered essential information like types of sprayers, features and many helpful tips.
Fuji Spray Semi-PRO 2
|View On Amazon|
Wagner Control Spray Yellow
|View On Amazon|
TECCPO 500W Paint Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
Campbell Hausfeld General Purpose Paint Sprayer Gun
|View On Amazon|
Astro Pneumatic Tool Spray Gun
|View On Amazon|
Wagner Home Decor Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
HomeRight Finish Max
|View On Amazon|
Best Paint Sprayer For Furniture – (Newest Models)
The reviews that follow are the product of our careful research of some of the most practical, easy-to-use and quality paint spraying devices on the market. So, scroll down and enjoy.
1. Fuji Spray Semi-PRO 2
This is an excellent product for both your DIY projects and professional use. The Fuji spray is 25.2 pounds and can be used to cover any surface flawlessly. The 1.3mm installed air cup set can spray various substances like stains or latex paints, without dilution or over spraying. However, latex should be thinned a little bit if you want to get a perfect result and for this reason, the manufacturer has included a device to measure the thickness in the package.
As for the pattern size, this unit’s method of spraying can be adjusted from 1 to 12 inches oval pattern, depending on your project specifications. Also, thanks to its 1Qt. bottom feed cup, you will spend less time refilling it and hence, your job will be done faster.
Finally, you can position the feed cup either at the bottom or on top of the Fuji’s handy gun holder. Moreover, you can pick the ideal spray application, choosing from vertical, horizontal or circular material spread.
- 1400 watt, 2-stage motor
- 24 months warranty
- 25-feet hose with an air control valve
- Stainless steel nozzle and needle
- Too noisy when on
- Comes with only one air
2. Wagner Control Spray Yellow
The Lock-n-Go technology is probably what sets this product apart from other sprayers you will come across. The electric-powered Wagner sprayer controls the finish nozzle spray, and you can use it with stains and very thin paint as well.
Also, with its HVLP you can cover up to 4.1oz per minute which is the perfect case if you need to give your furniture projects a nice finish. Moreover, the spray patterns vary from 0.5 to 6 inches wide, and you can regulate the paint flow. Another perk is the easy setup and maintenance of this unit- you can assemble it for less than 5 minutes and get it ready for the next job in no more than 10.
And since we are discussing features which will make this product’s use trouble-free, you should be aware of the sprayer’s light plastic housing and reservoir as well. However, do not tempt to fill the item with 100% acrylic paints as it will clog very quickly and will not do the job.
- plastic cup and a viscosity cup
- 3-position pattern control
- 4 psi at 40cfm
- 1-year home use warranty
- Not suitable for oil-based paint or varnish
- Small projects only
3. TECCPO 500W Paint Sprayer
The TECCPO’s paint sprayer is here with its many features –from the copper-made parts for extra durability to the small clean-up brush for the nozzles. And what we really like is that this product does not only come with a 1.8mm attached nozzle but also with 2 extra tips for spraying sealers, latex and milk type paint.
This item is ideal for both small projects like bicycles, chairs, and tables as well as for large areas like fences and shutters. There is a dust filter on the back and a sturdy metal valve core, too. Another practical thing about this item is the flow control knob with which you can paint steadily in narrow spaces and use more intense spraying in larger areas.
Moreover, the sprayer is packed with a convenient funnel for thinning the paint and a 6.56 feet power cord for extra ease of use. However, you cannot use this item with coating materials that have a flashpoint below 38°C.
- 3l cup capacity
- 3 copper nozzles for 3 different spray patterns
- 500w copper motor
- 24-month warranty
- Not appropriate for high-viscosity latex paints, alkali, and acidic paints
- No extra canister to store your paint leftovers
4. Campbell Hausfeld General Purpose Paint Sprayer Gun
This Campbell Hausfeld paint sprayer gun is among the most reliable you will come across in our reviews. With its metal housing material, 600ml canister and only 8 ounces weight, this product will undoubtedly make your paint job simply straightforward.
Although this unit is made in China, you will get full satisfaction with the sprayer’s performance, no matter whether you are working with lacquer, stain or urethane. Moreover, the paint sprayer gun is perfect for modifying and bringing back the shine of your vehicles. But this product requires an air compressor, and hence you should look for one that can deliver a minimum of 7 SCFM at 40 psi and preferably has a good dryer system.
Also, you need to get a filter system if you are aiming at the ultimate performance of this gravity-feed type sprayer. Another thing is the fact that the product comes with one 1.4 size tip and unfortunately, there are no other sizes offered by Campbell Hausfeld on the market.
- 1 year limited warranty
- Anti-drip canister
- 3 spraying settings
- Reduces paint consumption up to 30%
- Only 1 nozzle available from the manufacturer
- No hose included in the package
5. Astro Pneumatic Tool Spray Gun
Here we have an excellent product for applying heavy coatings, primers, and even glue. The Astro spray gun is an all-purpose unit which can be utilized for a wide range of projects – from woodworking to industrial and marine use. Furthermore, it comes with 2-piece construction and an aluminum cup, which makes it easy to assemble and clean with a thinner or acetone.
There is also an adjustable air pattern control as well as a paint rate, which can reach up to 11 inches fan size from an 8-inch distance. And if that is not enough, let us just say that with this gun you can spray at any angle without leaking paint out of the canister.
Another critical thing to mention is that the product requires a 7-12 CFM/3HP compressor that can provide 50-60 psi. However, after you get your purchase, you will still need to get ready with a hose and a male coupling to connect the unit to your compressor.
- 1-quart aluminum capacity dripless cup
- 8mm nozzle
- 3lbs weight
- 1-year warranty
- Misleading instruction
- Not appropriate for latex or acrylic paint
6. Wagner Home Decor Sprayer
The next product in our reviews turns out to be the most expensive, but it really comes up to our expectations in term of quality and design. The Wagner sprayer weighs only 5, and it will not take up much of your space to store it.
Also, this electric-powered unit can work with all types of decorative paints like chalk and milk, and what is more, it will give a smooth finish to your projects. Besides saving your time when using the product, this sprayer comes with a paint saving control and adjustable pattern dial.
Another feature is the practical and user-friendly manual which will give you all the details and recommendations you need for dilution of various paint types. There is a measuring device in the package as well to ease your work on your small and medium-sized projects. However, you can make the best use of this sprayer only if you hold it up to a 45° angle.
- 20oz paint container
- As noisy as a vacuum cleaner
- 1 year limited warranty
- Compact and lightweight
- The 6-feet air hose is not long enough, and you will have to carry the unit
- More overspray than expected
7. HomeRight Finish Max
If you are looking for a product to give your projects a factory-like finish, then HomeRight Finish Max is your perfect pick. With its lightweight construction of 2.76 pounds, you can quickly go around and spray your furniture and forget about any hand fatigue.
Another great feature is the flow control knob with which you will adjust the paint spray pattern from 0.08 to 6 inches wide. Also, there is a splash guard to stop the paint move back to the nozzle area and a seal for leak prevention. What is more, this sprayer comes with durable housing and can evenly distribute the paint in a horizontal, vertical or circular direction.
Cleaning the unit is a piece of cake as well because there are not many parts to disassemble and you do not have to remove the needle – just run warm and soapy water through it. And although this product is so easy-to-use and hence great for beginners, we have to mention that it is designed for small to medium-sized projects like tables or chairs.
- 400 watts
- 27-ounce container
- 2mm brass spray tip and nozzle
- 2-year warranty
- No lock on the trigger
- Not suitable for spraying ceilings
Paint Sprayers –Are They Worth It?
Whenever you are kicking off your home project, there are a thousand things to consider from colors, types of materials to use, how your finished job would look like at the end, the time you would spend on it and whether it would be an easy job for you or not. And if you are a keen beginner, you might come across some unexpected problems to occur. This is the reason why choosing a practical and easy-to-use paint sprayer should be your first step. This way you will not only stop bothering about whether your project will be time-consuming or not but also feel confident and contented about the final results you will get on your furniture.
However, we have prepared for you some things to consider before rushing towards the store to buy a spray gun. Our team is only interested in you getting the ultimate results of your painting furniture projects, and therefore we have listed the advantages and disadvantages of this method of spraying.
- Painting your furniture is quite fast because once you get it started, you can cover a lot in one go.
- Places, which are usually hard to reach with a paintbrush, are not a problem for sprayers, like the small holes when working on shutters for example.
- The cover you will get with a paint sprayer is nice and smooth.
- There are features like different nozzle sizes which will give any piece of furniture a great finish and no brush marks
- Sprayer guns are light and easy to operate with.
- Storing these items is a piece of cake since they are very compact and small-sized.
- You can use a wide range of materials with a sprayer gun depending on the furniture you are working on.
- The dilution of the paint is little, and there are step-by-step instructions on how to thin different types of materials
- You can control the paint flow and change the spraying pattern at any time.
- Cleaning a paint sprayer is a kind of a chore because it is time-consuming.
- Like any machinery, sprayer guns require regular maintenance.
- There is a chance of breaking down.
- You have to get used to the device and learn the technique to work correctly.
- If you use the paint sprayer indoors, you will end up with a lot of fine paint dust everywhere.
- Protective wear is a must like goggles, mask, and gloves.
Types Of Paint Sprayers For Furniture
Overall, there are 3 different types of sprayer guns, and they are easy to be told apart because of their spraying mechanism. Here is some more information on each model.
1. Airless sprayers
This kind of sprayer is characterized by its mechanism of dispensing pressurized paint. Working with such a spray gun will give you a high and fast production without paint waste. Moreover, airless sprayers are great for thick paint like acrylic, and hence wood coating will be effortless. This type of dispensing paint is perfect for shutters, decks or fences. However, you should bear in mind that if you do not have a twist tip, the sprayer will clog very easily. Make sure not to miss out on our top reviews and extensive guide on best airless paint sprayer.
2. Compressed air sprayers
Paint sprayers with such mechanism use air to make the paint flow out quickly and suddenly on the surface. These types are quite common and preferred for many DIY home furniture projects as they promise an even finish without flaws and what is more, you can use anything from stain paints to latex paints.
3. High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) sprayers
As the name of this type of paint gun suggests, here we have devices that use low pressure to dispense more paint. HVLP sprayers are perfect for applying thicker coats, and their maintenance is easy as well as the clean-up. Also, they are ideal for small projects like chairs, tables or bookshelves because they are slow in terms of speed.
And if the idea of owning this particular type of sprayer sounds useful to you, then you should definitely check out our best HVLP spray gun guide and product reviews.
What Else To Look For In A Paint Sprayer
As we have mentioned above the different types of spray painting working mechanisms, here we will continue with other essential recommendations based on the features that may or may not come with your gun sprayer.
Although not exactly a feature, the size of your paint sprayer will determine how comfortable you will be with it when using it. Small sprayers are perfect for small-scale jobs like mirror frames, patio furniture and more. Such spray guns are not heavy and therefore easy to carry around which is very convenient. But usually, these products have low capacity tanks, and hence you will need to refill the canister more often.
Some sprayers are packed with a hose that forwards the paint from the canister to the nozzle. You will get a smooth and flawless finish with the right hose. We recommend paying attention to the length of the hose as this is important in terms of your maneuverability as well as your convenience while spraying paint. Another thing to look for in a hose is its attachment options-whether you connect it directly to your device or to the hose that comes with your spraying gun. Also, make sure you have the right couplings.
Filters are used to eliminate any impurities in the paint before it leaves the spray gun. They are important features because they stop debris to clog the nozzle and hence make your painting job hassle-free. Also, there are different types of filters depending on the materials you are using and therefore choosing the right one will ensure the quality of your finished project. The finer screen mesh filters are usually used for lacquers and fine finishes while large mesh filters are appropriate for latex, for example. These filters will hold on all the little particles, so it is vital to clean them along with your sprayer gun or after each use.
While some paint sprayers are electric-powered, others need compressors to work. This machine delivers the air with different pressure to your paint gun, and this way dispenses paint on your furniture project. However, you should be aware of the specifications of your paint gun device and the manufacturer’s recommendations for the flow rate of air needed to be pushed out by the compressor (cfm) for cubic feet per minute.
Spray tips are also essential because they let the paint out in different patterns and ensure a nice cover of your project. Paint guns usually come with a set of 3 nozzles, each with a set size and specific purpose.
- Small-sized nozzles like 1.3 or above are great for spraying stains and polyurethane when you are working on your patio furniture, wooden doors or metal units.
- Medium-sized nozzle starting from 2.5mm will do a perfect job with chalk and milk type paint for any wooden furniture in your home.
- Big-sized tips like 3.0mm are recommended for primers and low-viscosity latex paints which can cover your larger projects like fences.
Before going on with our safety tips when using a paint sprayer, you may wish to check out our independent advice and thorough guides on paint sprayers for more information, hints, and help on your furniture projects.
First Steps Before Doing Your Paint Job
Before starting off your paint project, make sure you have everything you need set and ready to be used. Also, do not underestimate the fact that the skin problems in painters and decorators are widespread and may have adverse effects on you if you neglect your personal safety.
- Disposable overall or any clothes that you will not regret throwing out and will cover your body at the same time.
- Protective gloves to keep your hands clean and away from the chemicals in the paint.
- A protective mask is a must since there are fine paint particles and dust while our gun sprayer is on. Definitely not a good idea to breathe them.
- Goggles for your eyes.
As far as your spray gun is concerned, there are also specific rules to follow to make sure your paint sprayer is tuned correctly for your particular needs.
- Make sure you have tightened up all the parts of your sprayer. The canister should be secured to the spraying body.
- Adjust the paint sprayer’s pressure as well as the size and the direction of the spray. The amount of air released from the unit is essential because if you have set the wrong pressure, then you may end up with an insufficient paint flow, or drips if the airflow is too massive.
- Always test the spraying pattern on cardboard or any piece of material you are not working on to make sure the paint coverage is even and smooth.
- If you are going to work on a flat surface like doors or tabletops, then adjust your spraying mode to horizontal or vertical. Rounded spray patterns are typically applied for narrow areas for example chair legs.
Best Paint Sprayer For Furniture Comparison Chart
|Fuji Spray Semi-PRO 2||$$$$||16 x 9.5 x 12.5″||25.2 pounds||1 Quart|
|Wagner Control Spray Yellow||$$||16.5 x 24.9 x 27.3″||3.4 pounds||1 Quart|
|TECCPO 500W Paint Sprayer||$||26 x 15 x 20″||4.1 pounds||1300ML|
|Campbell Hausfeld General Purpose Paint Sprayer Gun||$$||8 x 6.2 x 9″||8 ounces||600ml|
|Astro Pneumatic Tool Spray Gun||$||12 x 7.2 x 4.2″||2 pounds||1 Quart|
|Wagner Home Decor Sprayer||$$$||12 x 10 x 10″||5 pounds||20oz|
|HomeRight Finish Max||$$$$$||12.5 x 10 x 5.5″||2.76 pounds||27 ounce|
How To Spray Your Furniture The Right Way
Using your paint gun for furniture is not as hard as it may seem, but there are some tricks and tips which we will gladly to pass on to you.
- Turn your furniture upside down and do the undersides first. This way you will not risk the visible side of the unit to be ruined if you begin the opposite direction.
- Turn the draw tube in the same direction as the sprayer so that it stays in the paint for as long as possible.
- When you start spraying, make sure you begin beyond the surface you are working on. This will give you even coverage.
- You should hold the spray gun around 30cm from the surface and at the same time perpendicular to it. Also, your arm should move at a steady speed, neither too fast, nor too slow.
- When spraying flat surfaces adjust the sprayer knob to a horizontal mode of dispersing the paint and then sprinkle in the direction of the width. If you are doing furniture legs, then spray up and down with the knob in a circular position.
- After finishing your project, let the piece of furniture dry at room temperature according to the paint manufacturer’s instructions. Usually, it takes around 12 hours.
- Always clean your paint sprayer parts straight away to keep them in good condition for longer.
Here we have to end our thorough guide for best paint sprayer for furniture. Our team hopes that after reading our expert advice on types, features important recommendations, you have already come up with the idea of what you want and need to do your paint jobs professionally and efficiently. And in case you are still unsure of what to pick for your home projects, then look again at our paint sprayer for furniture reviews.
As always, we are open to your feedback and would appreciate any comment left by you. If you liked the article, show it to your friends or share it online. Let us know if anything can be changed or improved. Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!