Do you love furniture that looks beautifully smooth and shiny? Yes, we do too! For this reason, we would like to help you find the best latex paint sprayer possible. Rollers and brushes are old-fashioned, and they only waste your time. On the other hand, a latex paint sprayer has so much to offer!
Are you an environmentalist? If yes, you would be pleased to hear that latex paint is non-toxic. Do you often spill things and make a mess? We know how it is, and we are happy to tell you that latex paint is a lot easier to clean up than any other type.
However, there are many products on the market these days, so to help you find the most reliable product we advise you to read our latex paint sprayer reviews. This buying guide is also full of tips and information about latex paint sprayers that you will surely find interesting, so keep reading!
Fuji 2895-T75G Spray System
|View On Amazon|
Wagner 0518080 Control Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
Graco 17D889 Paint Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
Wagner Double Duty Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
Earlex HV5500 Spray Station
|View On Amazon|
PowRyte Air Spray Gun Kit
|View On Amazon|
TACKLIFE HVLP Paint Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
Best Latex Paint Sprayer – ( Newest Models )
Each of these products has its advantages and disadvantages. Still, they are undoubtedly the top 6 products on the market nowadays, so they are not arranged in any specific order. You will need to decide on your own which one will be your next purchase. Let’s get started!
1. Fuji 2895-T75G Spray System
With the Fuji model, you get additional power thanks to its 5-stage turbine motor, which develops around 9.5psi. This will help you finish your job faster, and you won’t need as much time to prepare your materials.
For the most part, you can use beautiful finishes such as lacquers, latex, enamel, polyurethane, water-based paint and much more. It is also effortless to maintain. The tool can be in the hands of a professional or a beginner alike. With the unit, you get a heavy-duty metal case with a holder for the gun. You can transport it easily thanks to this and its lightweight and size.
If you are wondering how it should be cleaned, you will be pleased to know you get a 19-pc spray gun cleaning and maintenance kit with lubricant – everything you need will be there. To also keep track of every performance you have an “Always Measure” booklet, where you can save a record of anything you want.
- Produces less noise compared to other units.
- You can adjust the size of the fan from small to big.
- Heat system which prolongs the motor’s life.
- Comes with a cleaning kit
- You get a case for storing the prayer.
- There can be a lot of leaking from the gun cap.
2. Wagner 0518080 Control Sprayer
This Wagner 0518080 Sprayer uses high volume and low-pressure technology. This saves you time and paints thanks to its effective atomization. It is ideal for priming, painting or staining furniture, decks, cabinets, woodworks, walls and many more. It isn’t just for furniture, you can also spray latex paints and thinner coats such as stains and poly to different surfaces.
You can fully adjust the air pressure and the paint flow thanks to the pressure control dial and the adjuster for material flow. Besides, being able to control the pattern of spray lets you work on narrow or broad areas. To protect your finish from particles, you have air filters with the sprayer and to check the viscosity of any paint, you also get a viscosity cup.
- Completely adjustable paint and material flow in a natural way.
- A 20-foot hose allows you to move freely.
- You can spray round, horizontal or vertical.
- Fewer overspray thanks to air pressure control.
- The hose can pop off from time to time.
- The unit is really loud.
3. Graco 17D889 Paint Sprayer
The Graco 17D889 Paint sprayer is for people who will use up to 25 gallons of paint per year, so it’s not suitable if a painting is your job. If you are someone, however, who can use it within those parameters, if the tip ever gets clogged up you can rest assured you don’t need to shop during work because all you have to do is reverse the tip.
With the sprayer itself, you get two different tips – a 4-inch one, and a 12-inch one. You can spray with them stains and heavy latex alike. The unit is suitable for small to medium-sized projects. After each use, you need about 10 to 15 minutes to clean it thoroughly.
What’s pretty cool about this product is the fact that it can spray in any direction – even up and down. This is the so-called VacuValve technology which is responsible for creating an airtight system.
- It can save you up time by controlling the speed you want to paint with.
- Storage to protect and keep things organized
- Environmental friendly thanks to its 42-ounce FlexLiner bags.
- Not an incredible filter.
- The reservoir is small.
4. Wagner Double Duty Sprayer
This Wagner paint sprayer uses an HVLP technology and is suitable for spraying during small to medium projects, such as painting fences, cabinets or other furniture and trims. It can merely be used both indoors and outdoors, due to its two-stage air turbine. Whether you are refinishing your living room table or staining your deck – it doesn’t matter, use it for both! You also get two cups, 1 quart which is for the indoor projects and a 1 ½ quart for the more significant exterior work.
For an adequate job you can change the spray pattern from a vertical, horizontal fan or a round shape, just flick the air cap. The same goes for the material flow, which is again controlled with a variable trigger. This way you can spray from a ½ inch wide to a 10inch full pattern. The time for preparation or assembly is less than 5 minutes. To clean it well all you need is no more than 10 minutes.
- Easily adaptable to the object you are spraying by turning the air cap
- The regulator on the trigger to control the material volume
- One product for both interior and exterior use.
- It can be tiring to use it.
- You can’t change the angle of the spray.
5. Earlex HV5500 Spray Station
Earlex HV5500 Spray Station is a semi-pro machine suitable for light contractors, woodworkers, and automotive fans. This probably tells you that you can use it on interior and exterior projects such as painting doors, cabinets, fences, cars, furniture and other small to medium jobs.
Of course, there is a variety of paints you can use with this unit, but mostly thinner ones such as oil and water-based: thinned latex, varnished, urethanes, shellacs, acrylics, and enamels, to name a few. Since you will be using it around different objects, Earlex has made sure you can use a carry handle so you can quickly move it.
Here you are not restricted in terms of angles of spraying. That’s because you are equipped with an angled paint pick-up tube for overhead or downward spraying. After you finish your job, you can also easily store it, thanks to its onboard storage for the spray gun, 13-foot air hose and 5.5-foot power cord.
- Has a flow control dial for control
- Change the spray pattern with the quick push and click system.
- Stainless steel tip against corrosion
- Easy to use and store
- You need to buy additional different sizes of tips.
- The hose is hard to wrap back, and it can pop out if it’s pulled slightly.
6. PowRyte Air Spray Gun Kit
The PowRyte Air Spray Gun lets you adjust the fluid – the amount of paint; pattern – the size and shape; air – changes the air flow. For all of this, you have three built-in control knobs. You also have a filter inside the spray gun, which will take care of any big particles, not letting them decrease your finish quality.
The kit itself comes with a minigun, which is for touch-ups, details and small jobs. The large gun is for more significant projects such as industrial, woodwork and car refurbishing. When it comes to cleaning, the units you have a cleaning brush included in the package, which will help you go through all the needed spots.
Overall, the guns aren’t the highest quality, but they are cheap and good enough to get the job done if you are a DIY person and don’t want to break the bank.
- Easy to store due to its suspension hook
- You can control the fluid, pattern and airflow
- There’s a filter that keeps the spray cleaner, without big particles
- Stainless steel needles against rusting.
- The smaller gun can’t adjust to a fan shape other than round.
7. TACKLIFE HVLP Paint Sprayer
With Tacklife HVLP paint sprayer you can work on more significant projects. The cup allows you to store more paint and saves you time refilling it. Just stay at around 35-45 cm distance from the surface. It is excellent for painting car parts or home appliances such as steel or wooden furniture and more. Plus with the 1.8m air hose, you can walk around any of them.
To help you carry your sprayer in a balanced way, Tacklife has separated the motor, which here you just put on your shoulder. This makes it less likely for your hand to hurt the next day from all the weight it has been holding. Now all you keep is the sprayer and container.
As we are talking about more natural stuff, the brand has also made a quick refill lid, so you don’t need to detach the canister. You also get a second cup, this way you can store two different paints and use them simultaneously.
- It comes with three different nozzles and can be adjusted in three different spray patterns.
- Valve knobs that let you fine-tune the flow rate.
- You can remove any part and clean it efficiently.
- The 1200ML cup doesn’t need to be filled often.
- You need to protect everything if you are going to work indoors.
- When you disassemble it for cleaning, you can quickly lose a part.
Latex Paint Sprayer – The Beginning
So in our section with reviews, we looked at different types of paint sprayers in terms of their systems. All of them work with latex paint. However, the type which is best for you can vary. If we look at it one way, the airless sprayer is excellent in this case because you can take the paint straight from its can and just start painting, without thinning it first.
If you are looking at any other type of paint sprayer, we can help you with some other informational guides about paint sprayers just like this one. With our crew, you will find loads of information on any topic, trust us.
Airless Sprayer for Latex
The system of the airless sprayer is to pump paint through a hose from a container directly to the spray gun, this means it doesn’t use any compressed air. With this type, you can use a wide range of paint products from slight stains to thick latex paints. The coatings they spray depends on the size of the tip and the horsepower of the pump.
You can without any problem use an airless sprayer for a full exterior on a large house or the indoor of a new building. If you have such a big project make sure you have the best Indoor Paint Sprayer for Interior Walls. They usually don’t need a lot of setting up and cleaning. Meanwhile, they let you paint on surfaces where it would be hard to paint if you used a brush.
There is a variation of the airless sprayer, which is handheld, its name is Cup sprayers. They are cheaper and compact. Ideally, they are used for smaller DIY projects or fences and decks. However, they can be handy for touch-ups on larger projects. For this type, you might need to thin the paint you use.
- You need to mask around the area where you will spray
- Usually, you won’t need to thin the paint
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces
- Great for indoor and outdoor large projects, such as doors, fences, and cabinets.
- Strain your paint before usage, it will help get better results.
HVLP Paint Sprayer For Latex
Nothing is set in stone when it comes to working with a machine. Anything can vary, from the way you use to the coat you want to produce or what are you going to spray in the first place. Even though technically the airless spray gun is handy for latex material, HVLP sprayers can also work. This depends on the unit you get, but you may need to thin the paint for it to work well. This also leads to adding more layers of coating on some surfaces.
The reason why this type isn’t the most suitable for working with latex is that they aren’t designed for that. A lot of the time the reservoir is small, and it needs to be continuously refilled when you are working, however, if you’re in a bind, this can be the solution.
Something we don’t recommend but it is possible is the usage of high-pressure sprayers with air compressors, some manufacturers make them in a way that they can handle latex paint, but is it worth it? That’s a problem only you can solve, but we will give you a few things to consider.
Usually, the atomization of the paint is at a ratio of 60/40, meaning you lose more color in the air around the sprayer than what you get to stick on the surface of what you are trying to spray.
Note to always think and schedule time for clean-up of the sprayer after working with it.
Sometimes the best option is if you go back to hand measure, especially if it’s a small project, maybe the best thing to do is use a paint roller. However, if it’s a big area of a job, then having the best latex paint sprayer will save you time, produce you marvelous consistent finish and fewer things to clean.
When it comes to follow-up work, HVLP is easier to clean than the airless sprayer, yet the HVLP application is more difficult.
- You will probably need to prepare and mask off around the spray area.
- Spray from around 6-inch distance.
- It is suitable for indoor use, work on details, small projects and small to medium exteriors.
- Can handle stains and a number of the unthinned interior and exterior paints, but you might need to thin sometimes, depending on the job.
Your Best Friend When Spraying Latex?
Something that will become your best friend when spraying latex is a wand. Yes, not a magical one like from Harry Potter, even though that would be probably more useful and definitely quick! No, we are talking about wands that extend from where you can with your hand and spray gun. If you have a wand, you can paint virtually on anything, without getting on top of a ladder.
How to Thin Latex
So we have mentioned both in our reviews and in our steps of how to work that you may need to thin the latex paint. If you are going to use an HVLP sprayer, this will probably be a necessary step to do. It is always done before you start the process of painting.
The reason why we do this is that its viscosity is very thick, thus making it really durable. However, if it’s too thick, it will clog up the tip of your spray gun. This can potentially damage the equipment as well.
Thinning the paint means that you will need to do more coats of the thinned paint than compared to if you roll or brush it. For example, usually If you thin latex paint, you will need around 3-4 coats for complete coverage and a durable finish. At the same time, the layers of standard latex paint are 1-2.
Now after we’ve explained all of that before you start thinning the paint grab the following items: 5-gallon bucket, large funnel, your chosen latex paint, several stirring sticks for the color and have access to water. After you’ve got all of those things the steps are:
- Depending on how much you will paint today pour the right amount of paint into the bucket.
- Add ½ cup of water to every gallon of paint that was placed inside the bucket.
- Mix well with one of the clean stirring sticks.
- To check how’s the consistency runs it through the funnel. You have the correct consistency once the thinned latex paint flows freely through it. If the first time you do it, it clogs, then add 1/8 cup of water to the mix in the 5 gallon bucket, this is again to every gallon of paint you put initially. Mix once again and repeat the process if necessary, until the mix flows freely through the funnel.
Note that as you add the water to the paint, its characteristics have changed and the color can change into a lighter or darker shade and the drying time can differ.
Painting tips for Latex
The first steps usually are of preparations, because they help lead to marvelous results. The same thing goes with our selected tips. There are, however, more things you should learn on how to achieve smooth latex paint.
- Always prime your sprayer and make sure that you have decided and put on the tip that is of needed size.
- Place the siphon tube in a clean bucket of the paint you are going to use. If you need to thin the material first do it before you’ve placed the unit.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions full your hose, sprayer, and gun accordingly.
- No, you need to set the pressure of the sprayer. To do this prepare a text piece on which you can try different things to determine the best options. Having this piece close to you, use the lowest setting after that hold the spray gun around 12 inches away from it.
- After you’ve adjusted and everything and you start painting, make sure to overlap around half of each pass you do. This way you will get a consistent finish.
Now you probably see that all sorts of painting tips are helpful when it comes to DIY painting projects.
We got you through the basic knowledge of spraying, but there are some techniques to make things better. Keep in mind that most of them are dependent on the kind of sprayer. To learn those techniques take a look at the manual you got with the product. Things can differ depending on what you are going to spray. In that sense, you might want to become more educated regarding painting furniture with latex paint.
Something you should know is that if you hold the gun closer, you will paint thicker and in a narrow pattern. The opposite goes when you keep it farther away, it will create a thinner coat in the broader design. Be careful not to position the sprayer too far away; otherwise, the paint can dry before it even reaches the wall. This results in either loss of paint or some overspray. All of this means – more expenses.
- Start your stroke even before pulling the trigger. Then press it, and once the paint comes out, continue with your motion. This way you will get less build-up.
- Observe how you spray, and you can start speeding up or slowing down to get that consistent coverage.
- Don’t swing your arm back and forth, try to avoid this movement. Instead, point the unit straight towards the surface and move your arm, not just the right, keep your gun straight and angle it in a way that it doesn’t arch. Otherwise, it will create a rough coat.
- To prevent any clogging, drying, and disruption of the spray pattern, systematically wipe the front of the sprayer.
- After you finish your paint job, clean the unit wholly, by following the manufacturer’s instructions and items, if there are any.
- Don’t leave materials inside the paint sprayer for long.
After you have the finest airless paint sprayer or HVLP unit you might want to create a unique and different paint finish that can’t be produced by a standard sprayer, instead you need a special one.
For unusual challenges, you can go with handheld sprayers or units that use some sort of a stand or are simply cordless. The key is to find a way to rest your arms when painting for long periods.
- Texture sprayers – these are made for textured walls and ceilings which aren’t even.
- Line striping devices – such units allow you to paint narrow stripes. This is done by the computer aligning the paint sprayer of rollers with a handle.
Best Latex Paint Sprayer Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||HOSE / CORD LENGTH||HIGHLIGHT|
|Fuji 2895-T75G Spray System||$$$$$||18.5 x 17.5 x 16.5″||15.2 ounces||25 Feet||9.5 psi motor power|
|Wagner 0518080 Control Sprayer||$$||18.5 x 12 x 12″||11.2 pounds||20 Feet||80 Cfm, 2.7 Psi|
|Graco 17D889 Paint Sprayer||$$$||15.5 x 5 x 12″||3.75 pounds||18 in Electrical Cord||500 to 1500 psi Pressure Performance|
|Wagner Double Duty Sprayer||$||11 x 6.50 x 11.20″||4.15 pounds||N/A||Includes two material cups, 1 quart and 1.5 quart|
|Earlex HV5500 Spray Station||$$$$||12 x 12 x 26″||12.17 pounds||13 Feet||Has a flow control dial|
|PowRyte Air Spray Gun Kit||$$||8.9 x 5.7 x 4.9″||2.27 pounds||N/A||30-45/20-30 PSI|
|TACKLIFE HVLP Paint Sprayer||$||12.2 x 11 x 11.8″||5.69 pounds||5.9 Feet||1200ML cup|
Here we are at the end of our buying guide to finding the best latex paint sprayer. Aren’t latex paint sprayers just great?! They are fast-drying and provide a beautiful, smooth surface. Still, you realize how many different things you have to consider when choosing a product.
We really hope that we have helped you find what you were looking for with our latex paint sprayer reviews. If that indeed is the case, send this buying guide to others, don’t keep it all to yourself! You can always leave a comment or pop us an email if there is anything that you would like to share with us.
Helping our readers find the most reliable product is our number one mission. That’s why we have many other articles devoted to getting the right unit. Make sure that you read them as well. Thanks for reading, and as always- stay put!