We know how hard and exhausting the job of a painter can be, and even though you may not be a professional, we can bet that you realize it too. Paintbrushes and rollers were the primary tools of dyer equipment. Yes, you have read it correctly, we said “were”! Nowadays, everyone is looking for the best airless paint sprayer.
An airless paint sprayer could save you time and money. You will be able to complete your duties in half the time a roller or a paintbrush requires. If you are a professional, you already know what that means- more time, more customers, higher income!
An airless paint sprayer is a versatile tool that’s why we have gathered all the info you need about it, in one place. However, that’s not everything. We want to help our readers as much as we can, so without further ado, let us introduce you to the top 7 airless paint sprayer reviews on the market nowadays.
Graco 262800 Airless Paint Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
HomeRight Power Flo Pro
|View On Amazon|
Titan Tool ControlMax
|View On Amazon|
Graco Magnum Project Painter
|View On Amazon|
FUJIWARA Paint Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
GoPlus Airless Sprayer
|View On Amazon|
Best Airless Paint Sprayers (Editor’s Choice)
As these are indeed the most excellent products on the market these days, it is impossible to arrange them in any particular order. They all have advantages and disadvantages, and it is your job to decide which one is the most suitable for your personal needs. Let’s get started!
1. Graco 262800 Airless Paint Sprayer
If you are looking for high-speed performance, you might have found it right here! The sprayer is great if you want to paint the interior or exterior decks, fences, and others. Our recommendation is not to use a tip size higher than 0.015 inches because it won’t produce a good quality even finish if it’s higher than that. It can also be hard to start with this machine if you haven’t painted before, so make sure to watch videos and read the manual for a better understanding of how to work with the product.
You can connect the unit to a garden hose for a more comfortable and faster clean-up. However, make sure you clean it thoroughly! The design of the sprayer has made it lightweight and durable.
- You’ve got full control over the paint flow thanks to its options.
- Piston pumps are long-lasting, stainless steel, with which you can use stains or heavy latex with no problem.
- You can spray directly from a 1 or 5-gallon paint bucket.
- Great for indoor and outdoor use thanks to a 75ft paint hose, which helps you reach more.
- If the tip is clogged, you can reverse it and continue working.
- It can be difficult to clean.
- If you are a beginner, you’d need preliminary preparation.
2. HomeRight Power Flo Pro
If you have a big project to paint, such as a shed, you can count on HomeRight Power Flo Pro. It is excellent at taking care of such projects precisely. You can save a lot of money by using this product on your big scale ideas, and you will still accomplish great results. You can use it on uneven surfaces, such as on fences or home exterior.
It is excellent with oil-based paints, stains, sealers, and unthinned latex. You can count on assembling the tip quickly and unclog it well, thanks to it’s being reversible. The same goes for the cleaning process. All you have to do is to use a solvent or a cleaning solution of water through the sprayer, and any paint or stain inside will come out.
- Its ½ HP motor delivers 2800 psi of unthinned paint.
- Customize the paint flow how you need, with the pressure control knob.
- You can reach far, thanks to the 25 foot long, non-kink hose, that can paint straight from a 1 or 5-gallon container.
- It is appropriate for DIY projects
- It has a difficulty of reaching the bottom of a 5-gallon container. The Suction tube could be more prominent.
- You need to buy separate tips for the sprayer.
3. Titan Tool ControlMax
The Titan Tool ControlMax is a new and improved version of the conventional airless sprayer. It has the highest operating pressure of 1500 psi and produces an excellent finish thanks to its softer spray. The HEA pump is durable, and together with the powerful sprayer, it can do wonders! The unit comes with a 515 ControlMax tip, a guard for the advice and a 30-foot hose.
The sprayer is powerful enough to work with unthinned coatings. It is an excellent choice for someone who is new to spraying or someone who is semi-professional. You can use it on outdoor or interior projects. One of its many features is the Paint filter that helps to keep the debris from the system. Even though it can run for hours, note that it is not a commercial sprayer, so it’s not the top unit if you need it daily.
- 55% of overspray is reduced, comparing it to a standard airless sprayer.
- Durable pump.
- Improved control by its softer spray that produces consistent paint finish.
- You can easily replace the fluid section.
- Durable .60 horsepower pump.
- Easy to transport.
- You can use it for eight hours with breaks for changing the paint can.
- The spray/prime knob is plastic, making it not that durable.
- This device requires a thorough clean-up.
4. Graco Magnum Project Painter
If you need a sprayer to use for up to 50 gallons annually, then you are staring at the right pick! The design is so compact that you can carry everything together. Some of its other features are the adjustable pressure flow and the reverse spray tip for easy cleaning. You can tackle any home projects such as painting the decks, fences or shed.
You can use a variety of coating to do that job – from stains to heavy latex. If you enjoy fixing and doing things on your own at home, instead of calling a professional painter you can learn how to use this airless sprayer. If you are working outside watch out the wind, so you don’t spray your car while painting the garage!
- You can change the paint flow depending on your project’s size.
- Additional storage compartments for spray tips, power cord or spray gun are included.
- Easy to clean by connecting it to a garden hose.
- In case of clogging you can only reverse the tip and proceed to work.
- You can reach peaks or second stories with the supported 50 ft paint hose.
- Easy to transport.
- It takes longer to dismantle and clean up the machine.
5. FUJIWARA Paint Sprayer
This sprayer will meet almost any homeowner needs with how adjustable, easy to clean and light it is! Right off the bat, you get three different sizes of copper tips that you can use for the project you have. Apart from them you also get a spray pot cleaning brush, a small wrench for disassembling, a funnel to measure concentration and a need to clear the nozzle. These help you spend less money on additional accessories.
You can also use just the electric paint spray gun without the air compressor for smaller things like garden decoration or DIYs. The design of the Fujiwara is a combination of parts, that means that when you finish your job, you can disassemble it and clean, repair or replace parts. To also increase the product’s life you have a porous heat dissipation system.
- It is so light that you can use it with one hand.
- You have a viscosity cup that you can use to thin the paint if needed.
- The package comes with a 1.5/1.8/2.5 mm copper nozzles, that you cause depending on your needs.
- There is a decent 6.6 ft long power cord for large projects.
- Adjustable flow rate thanks to a valve knob.
- It is hard to hold because of the weight of the product.
- Because its construction is plastic, you might have expenses for parts occasionally.
6. GoPlus Airless Sprayer
High pressure and great coverage – that’s what you get with this 3000-psi piston pump! The GoPlus Airless Sprayer is more time efficient than any brush or roller. You get flexibility and tighter bends thanks to its polyurethane cover. All you need to start working is a 120v power source, plug in and start.
This sprayer is suitable for interior and exterior work projects, and you can use a wide range of paint without needing to thin it, such as linseed oil. Just keep in mind, this goes especially for oil-based paint, always make sure to clean the sprayer after usage. This way you help yourself, and you prolong the product’s life!
- Easy to move and transport, because of its lightweight.
- It’s made of durable polyurethane construction, which is resistant to abrasion.
- Easy to clean.
- You can fully adjust the pressure you use on the sprayer.
- No need for tools when you assemble it, follow the instructions.
- Takes time cleaning it up.
- You need additional accessories for different patterns depending on the project.
Airless Paint Sprayer – What is That?
If you are wondering what an airless paint sprayer is or how it works, it will be immeasurable to imagine it as a bathroom shower. It’s pretty similar. An airless system works by pumping fluid under high pressure through a spray tip. The nozzle, its size, and pressure regulate the flow rate of the paint. It is also responsible for the pattern you spray. Now that you know what it is, we can dive into its strengths and flaws.
- Material Waste – Wasting less material while painting can quickly be done with an airless paint sprayer. You wonder why? Well, conventional air sprays send paint particles towards a surfaces thanks to the high-pressure air jets they use. The “cloud” of paint scatters all the little specks around you and thus creates an unnecessary overspray.
It means that most of the material goes into the filter of the spray booth and you apply less to the surface. Since viscous materials apply more air pressure, this means that the over-spraying is only enhanced.
Some people use thinners, solvents, and retarders to deal with this problem and help atomize the air better. However, this makes the whole process more expensive and potentially could create more waste, than save material. Now here comes into place the airless paint sprayer, it hydraulically vaporizes the paint, it doesn’t even need to atomize the air. This way you reduce the overspray and you trim the solvent usage.
- Efficient & Quick – The hydraulic pressure that we mentioned is transferred through a spray tip. With an airless paint sprayer, you can have different sizes and patterns to apply the paint in a variety of ways. It is also much quicker to use this method than using a brush or a roller.
A tip we have for you if you want to lower the viscosity is to use in-line fluid heaters instead of solvent. When you use the heat, you can create a more uniform mil-build and coverage. While what happens when you use water is that the solid particles are being weakened.
So you can regulate the flow of the spray, and you can also use it to create effects of unevenness or on textured walls, and you can do it in one go.
- Cost – The quality of the finish is a big focus when you are using a sprayer. If you want other alternatives to an airless paint sprayer, you can head off to our main page where we outline the wide variety of paint sprayers. You can find more articles on different kinds of sprayers and find the one for you. If you like the airless type, then you will be pleased to know that you can get a high-quality finish if you apply it correctly, which we will help you with later. Meanwhile, you also save money, by wasting less material.
- Portability – Everyone knows how easy to use brushes and rollers are. You can do the work on your own, but it’ll take more time. Other larger machines save you time but require more hands to move it around the room. You have a third option, an airless paint sprayer that can be placed on a cart and quickly run by just one person, but it can also be lifted and placed in storage when not needed. They aren’t heavy since their motor is usually under one horsepower.
- Easy to Use – Anyone can learn how to work with an airless paint sprayer. All you have to know and remember is to move the gun horizontally, don’t use it at just one spot. You also have to hold it straight towards the surface. Because this type of sprayer doesn’t need a thinner the paint will dry quickly. Another good part about it is that after you finish the job and clean it, the sprayer requires no other maintenance.
- Time – Using an airless paint sprayer saves you time to do the job. However, the preparations for it before that require time as well, maybe even more than the actual painting. You have to put on masking tape and nylon near to the wall. Make sure the paint won’t touch anything.
Plus you also need time to clean the machine after each well-done job, and that is an absolute necessity if you want to prolong its life.
- Uneven finish – You have to know how to use it, even though it is easy to learn that, especially with the tips we give you. It can still depend on the person if it is also or in patterns. Overall it needs practice getting used to it. Once you get the hang of it, you will produce amazing results quickly and effortlessly.
- Material – We did mention that this type of sprayer does save paint material when you compare it to an air paint sprayer. However, if you compare it to a brush, it can use up more material. It depends on you to weight out its pros and cons and decide how worth, it is.
Types of Airless Paint Sprayers
There are three main varieties of paint sprayers that you can choose from:
Compressed Air Sprayer – To apply paint these sprayers work with compressed air. They are well suited for jobs like painting furniture and cabinets. In that sense, you might want to check out the top stain paint sprayers or latex paint sprayers which are also part of our website.
Airless Paint Sprayer – It uses hydraulic pumps with high pressure. The fluids are pressurized through a tip at the end of the hose.
High Volume Low-Pressure Sprayers – With them, you have a large volume of air that carries the drops of paint. These travel slower, so a more significant amount could stick to the surface and creates the wanted, even and smooth finish. Unless you invest in a commercial paint sprayer, we recommend you use painters that are thicker, such as lacquer or varnish.
Comparison to Other Paint Sprayers
We’ve created this quick comparison list for each type of sprayer we just looked at to see what choice is the greatest depending on the job and paint you want to use.
- Good for furniture painting
- Messy and do overspray
- Uses the most paint material out of the others
- Suitable for exterior surfaces such as fences and decks, but it’s also good with interior walls and ceilings
- You can use thicker paints and cover more significant areas
- Harder to control the spray pattern
- Slower when painting
- Wastes little amount of color
- Costs more
- Well suited for interior jobs like doors and cabinets
- Not good with thicker colors
Features to Consider
Having a wide variety of items and types of sprayers to choose from can be good because of all the selection; however, it can also be discouraging. To help you with this dilemma we will give you some direction for what you may want to consider when choosing the right airless paint sprayer.
- Think about how often will you use the sprayer? If you work as someone who professionally paints people’s houses, then it’s only logical to invest in a high processing capacity sprayer. The idea is not to operate the machine on its maximum capacity all the time if you do that you will prolong its life.
Needless to say, if you are someone who will need to use such a machine only occasionally you could get a compact, affordable sprayer that will be just enough for you!
- How are the maintenance and repair costs? You need to know that the airless paint sprayer usually needs replacements for the tip. If you invest more in the beginning, the higher quality machine will pay off, since you will have fewer hassles in the future. However, if you get lower quality one, you risk needing to invest more money in repairs in the future.
At the same time, if you get a simpler designed machine, you could do the repairs yourself, while others are too complicated and need professional maintenance.
- When are you thinking about the cost? When you are initiating a budget for yourself, consider the machine, plus accessories, spare parts, and service. In this way, you will get a better understanding of what are you getting yourself into.
When we use any chemicals, even paint it is essential to do it in a safe way and environment. We have already mentioned some tips on how to help you keep yourself from danger while spraying. To prevent anything terrible from happening:
- Install and use proper ventilation.
- Wear appropriate gear. Here we advise you to wear safety glasses, sometimes masks, gloves and lightweight, disposable working clothes.
- DO NOT use gasoline for flushing procedures, use only water, mineral spirits or lacquer thinner.
- Grounded outlets and extension cords in good condition are a must for high-pressure spraying. You shouldn’t remove or alter any electrical cables.
- Prevent electrostatic discharge by storing objects, people and equipment in a separate area. It will also help you with any material passing onto these objects and contaminating them.
- Any sources that can cause ignition should be removed, such as cigarettes, pilot lights, and others.
- Don’t use equipment that is damaged.
- Don’t place your finger close to the tip, while it operates, the pressure is high, and it can cause the paint injury under the skin. In the case of this, look for emergency treatment instantly.
- Don’t stop leaks, sometimes people do this unconsciously, but this way they get injected paint into their body, so let the paint drip from the tip and don’t worry about that.
- Always carry the nozzle away from yourself and others, this is a useful habit that you can get into and benefit from it.
- We recommend using a tip guard as it will protect your hand and body from coming too close and getting sprayed.
- Turn on the safety switch when you aren’t using the machine.
- How to Unclog a Paint Sprayer is a useful thing to know in case it happens to you.
- Keep a clear workspace, so there’s no chance of anyone tripping or falling while working.
- Pay attention to where and what are you painting.
- Look at the working area, before you start.
“How to” Tips
If you want to paint your house alone, you first need to know where to start. It is recommended to lead with the top edges and move towards the middle of the room on your trigger-off motion. In case you spray too much in one area, you can spread it out with an ordinary paintbrush. If you want windows on the surface, you will paint, start around the opening and continue with the larger area.
Keep in mind to always clean thoroughly the machine you are using after you finish for the day. If you use a soft bristle brush when cleaning the device, you can also prolong the tip’s life! It is required to know how to use an airless paint sprayer properly so here are some other suggestions we have for you:
- Always make sure that you have the right tip for your chosen application.
- Spray the gun straight at the surface, if its angles it will become uneven.
- The length of the hose should be appropriate.
- To extend the life of the tip and do not waste material, check if you have a suitable pressure applied.
- Do not ‘fan’ the sprayer! It will only lead to an odd finish.
- If you layer makes sure, you overlap 50% of the previous coating.
- Start from the outside to the inside of the wall or ceiling.
- Don’t be too close or too far from the surface, around 12 inches is good.
- If you trigger the gun on each stroke and move into and out of each trigger pull, you should be able to prevent double coating.
Best Airless Paint Sprayers Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||HOSE / CORD LENGTH||VOLTAGE|
|Graco 262800 Airless Paint Sprayer||$$$$$||14.5 x 12.8 x 19″||19 pounds||25 Feet||110 volts|
|HomeRight Power Flo Pro||$$||12.5 x 16 x 19.5″||15 pounds||25 Feet||120 volts|
|Titan Tool ControlMax||$$$||30 x 13.5 x 16″||19.4 pounds||30 Feet||110 volts|
|Graco Magnum Project Painter||$$$$||12 x 13.5 x 13.5″||15 pounds||25 Feet||110 volts|
|FUJIWARA Paint Sprayer||$||11 x 10 x 5″||3.5 pounds||6.5 Feet||120 volts|
|GoPlus Airless Sprayer||$$$||20 x 13 x 13″||23 pounds||25 Feet||120 volts|
Congratulations, you have arrived at the end of our buying guide to finding the best airless paint sprayer. You now know that if you want a powerful paint sprayer, an airless one is a perfect choice. You will save time, money and effort!
We hope that our buying guide and our airless paint sprayer reviews have helped you find what you were looking for. We hope that you have found our information useful and our tips interesting. If that is indeed the case, share this article with all of your friends! Also, don’t skip to leave us a comment or send us an email, if there is anything you want to share with us!
We love to help our readers, so we have many articles just like this one, devoted to finding the best unit. Find some free time and go check them out! Thanks for reading, and as always- stay put!